Designer with a focus in kitchen & bath design and remodel. Must have experience in the design field and be familiar with programs, tools & materials necessary to complete projects. Our sales/design position comes with inside design and pricing support, along with a well-appointed showroom. We will provide the tools to help with your success. The primary role of this sales position is to build business relationships with builders, remodelers, architects, and designers.
- Secure business from existing customer base and new customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Build client relationships
- Have sales experience
- Design and layout using20/20 software program
- Field measure as necessary
- Read architectural plans
- Demonstrate knowledge in related areas of kitchen and bath design (cabinetry, countertops, hardware)
- Have experience in kitchen and bath design estimates and quotes
- Work with trade professionals and their clients as well as retail customers
- Greet customers on the sales floor and determine their wants and needs
- Keep up-to-date on the wide selections of products we offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each
- Write sales orders
- Help work through, and follow-up after, the completion of each job
- 2 years’ experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans
- 2 years’ experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years’ experience designing customized products for customers through the use of 20/20 or Computer-Aided Design system.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics — using mathematics to solve problems.
- Typing/Keyboard – Typing a minimum of 40 words per minute, 10-key skills of 8,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with knowledge of Excel.
- PC literacy (MS Office, in particular)
Education & Experience
- Professional Certification (i.e., NKBA - National Kitchen and Bath) related to position being considered
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design.
- A degree in a related field with minimum 3 years previous sales and design experience in a fast paced customer focused retail setting with responsibility for direct customer interaction in kitchen and bath sales and design or related field environment
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Allied Kitchens and A&M Supply:
Allied Kitchens and Bath, located in Springfield, VA, is the cabinetry division of A&M Supply Inc. A&M Supply is the leading full line wholesale distributor of Cabinetry, Flooring and Cabinet supplies, including a manufacturer of architectural millwork, in the south-east for over 65 years. We operate 11 locations that are dedicated to serving professional craftsmen in the Wood working and construction industries. We pride ourselves on distributing the highest quality brands from trusted manufacturers.